The Kaizen Company seeks a Financial Management Services Strengthening Advisor to support a proposed local capacity strengthening program for East Timorese CSOs. The program will help select CSOs to build the knowledge and skills required to run an efficient, cost effective, accountable, transparent, and technically proficient organization, targeting both the capabilities of the institution as well as the individuals within the institution.
- At least Master’s degree in finance, economics, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in international development, with 5 years in a developing country and at least 5 years of financial advisory experience
- Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity development, high-level strategic visioning and leadership and experience in working effectively with local civil society organizations and with USAID or other development partners.
- Prior experience providing financial advisory support to SMEs or NGOs in a development context.
- Preference for candidates who are East Timorese Nationals
- Preference for candidates with working proficiency in Portuguese and/or Tetum
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.