The Financial Management (FM) Specialist will be responsible for (1) implementing the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s (AIIB) operational policies and directives associated with FM and (2) providing reasonable assurance that financing provided by AIIB is used for its intended purposes with economy and efficiency. The successful candidate will work effectively as an integral member of task teams to help facilitate successful project delivery and supervision.
- Provide FM support to project teams on project preparation, including assessment of the adequacy of project FM capacity and arrangement such as activity planning and budgeting, internal controls, funds flow, accounting and financial reporting and auditing, etc. Propose mitigation measures to address key risks and weaknesses detected.
- Assess the selection and engagement of project auditors, ensuring their independence and competence to perform project financial audit.
- Assess the financial viability of implementing entities (with respect to revenue-earning entities) and advise on the design and use of financial performance covenants.
- Provide FM support to project teams during project supervision to assist project team leaders’ (PTL) review of FM performance (including overall system and individual transactions), assess FM risks, provide input to the monitoring report prepared by PTLs and resolve FM-related issues.
- Identify and record instances of noncompliance of FM covenants and discuss such situations with PTLs to determine appropriate actions.
- Review project financial statements and audit reports received, monitoring borrower’s compliance with financial covenants and providing sound advice to project teams and borrowers as appropriate.
- Prepare FM inputs to the project document and review FM-related sections in financing agreements.
- Collaborate with procurement specialists and finance officers to address fiduciary matters.
- Assist in the design and delivery of FM-related training.
- Undertake other activities as appropriate and as requested.
- Minimum six years of directly relevant professional experience in public or private sector financial management (i.e., accounting, finance, budgeting, auditing), preferably with a multilateral development bank or equivalent organization.
- Professional integrity and sound knowledge of FM and anticorruption matters.
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and COSO framework.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork ethics and collaborative skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Advanced degree in accounting, auditing, finance or business administration. CPA (CA or equivalent) would be a plus.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.