Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a junior level Financial Management Technical Advisor / Budget Subject Matter Expert for an upcoming 3 year Department of State project supporting the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs. The position would be full-time based on-site at the State Department in Washington DC, with an expected start date in mid 2019. This position is contingent upon award.
Works closely with SFCB program staff and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) on the tasks below.
- Track multi-million dollar accounts across fiscal years for all ongoing and potential new SFCB- managed programs
- Collect and analyze financial data on all SFCB-managed projects, including project and program cost, progress, and timelines
- Track appropriations and allocations, identify unliquidated obligations, reconcile funding records, and identify challenges and program constraints
- Coordinate with financial implementers across the interagency to produce SFCB-managed monthly financial reports
- Advise SFCB Division Chief, program managers, and staff on the current financial status of all SFCB-managed programs
- Provide technical support and assistance for the financial management of the SFCB portfolio to include drafting allotment memos; utilizing Global Financial Management System (GFMS) and Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS) ARIBA to execute financial requests; and monitoring allotments, obligations and expenditures via State Department and DoD financial database systems (Data Warehouse and Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP))
- Working with program office staff, is responsible for financial reconciliation, invoicing, and deliverables for all obligations of active and closed out contracts and Interagency Agreements for SFCB-managed programs
- Support government staff with contract administration needs
- Coordinate with all SFCB country project implementing partners at State and DoD as needed to determine best approach for managing SFCB financial data
- Support the development of presentations of data results and findings from data collection activities and evaluations as required
- Coordinate with DoD/DSCA stakeholders to determine the most efficient way of managing and reporting on funds executed by DoD
- Apply knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and practices from the FAM and FAH and other agencies requirements and objectives to ensure adherence and address concerns or problems by developing rapport with colleagues, leadership officials, and outside agency personnel
- Two or more years of experience in financial management of large, complex funding sources, preferably in USG security assistance
- Experience with and extensive knowledge of the Department of Defense, Security Sector Assistance, or Department of State foreign assistance financial management processes
- Degree in business, finance, social science, international development, public administration, or evaluation
- Experience working on State and DoD security assistance programs
- Experience drafting allotment memos, working closing with budget and executive offices within State
- Experience with State financial systems, to include the Global Financial Management System (GFMS) and Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS) ARIBA, to execute financial requests; and, monitoring allotments, obligations and expenditures using Data Warehouse
- Experience tracking DoD funding through SCIP
- The candidate will possess interpersonal, data management, reporting, writing, strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as significant attention to detail and the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment, exemplified self-management, project management and strategic thinking and should have the skills and ability to gather and maintain information, exemplified decision- making, teamwork and attention to detail
- Active SECRET level security clearance required
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.