USAID/Colombia MEL Activity
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activity is to provide USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services for performance management of its projects and activities. This includes monitoring support services; designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations, as well as other studies and assessments; developing collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) initiatives; and strengthening the Mission’s Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis capacities. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Colombia to comply with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) 201 directives. The result will be to enhance the Mission’s MEL capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting.
Contingent upon award, ME&A is recruiting a Financial Manager. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Colombia Activity’s financial integrity. The Financial Manager will manage and perform key tasks, with emphasis on optimal performances, timely action and proactive systems development for all accounting & financial matters. The manager will report directly to the project’s COP and will be expected to work closely with the home office.
- Responsible for all accounting & financial matters reporting directly to the project’s Chief of Party and ME&A Home Office representatives under USAID’s policy and procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting and financial functions, reviewing of financial documents for accuracy, maintaining records and preparing transfer requests, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring that financial and account functions of the office are carried out within the framework of ME&A and USAID policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining the project’s financial integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least six (6) years of work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager with USAID funded programs.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations of USAID.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Fluency in English
This is a full-time position based in Bogotá, Colombia. Candidates must be Colombian Citizens. Qualified candidates should send a copy of an updated C.V. with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: “Financial Manager Colombia”. Only finalists will be contacted. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications, taking into account comparable positions at the U.S. Embassy in Bogota.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is an international development firm based in the Washington, DC area, providing innovative solutions for economic development and social progress in more than 40 countries worldwide for over 30 years. ME&A is an SBA-approved Small Business with branch offices in Armenia, El Salvador, Georgia, and Puerto Rico.
Our services focus on producing measurable results in three core areas: Natural and Water Resource Management; Public Administration and Governance; Economic Growth through Regional and Local Economic Development Strategies, Business Development, Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship; and four cross-cutting areas: Evaluations and Assessments, Communications Strategies and Knowledge Management, Learning and Performance Enhancement, and Program and Grants Administration. These cross-cutting areas are creatively applied to projects in our core areas of concentration and to programming in other subject areas.
ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.