IBTCI is seeking a Financial Sector Technical Expert in support of the Egyptian-American Enterprise Fund (EAEF) Evaluation. EAEF is a United States Government-funded private entity aimed at promoting financial inclusion and job creation, as well as increasing foreign and domestic investment in Egypt, with a broader target of long-term sustainable economic development. The EAEF’s primary mission is to stimulate the Egyptian private sector by providing access to investment capital and loans, modern technologies and best business practices to SMEs, while also achieving financial profitability. The fund, currently capitalized at $212 million, is led by a board of directors that is primarily comprised of Egyptian-American and Egyptian nationals and advised by Lorax Capital Partners, a financial services institution led by an experienced Egyptian management team. This position is contingent upon award.
Using your experience and subject matter skills, the Consultant will perform the following tasks. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead design, collection, and analysis of EAEF’s portfolio and other financial data derived as part of the evaluation;
- Provide technical guidance for the evaluation team on preparation and implementation, and technical monitoring and follow-up of their work plans.
- Strong working knowledge of private sector finance, investment products, and investment fund operations;
- Background in financial and private sector trends and dynamics in the North Africa and Middle East context.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Finance or a related field;
- Five to seven years of experience working in the finance sector, preferably conducting qualitative evaluations/assessments;
- Development and/ or evaluation experience in the North Africa and Middle East region is highly desirable;
- S/he should have experience in investment fund management, including experience in investment opportunities in SMEs and start-ups;
- S/he should also have experience in conducting qualitative evaluations/assessments in the financial sector, preferably in the Middle East and North Africa region;
- Good organization and team-building skills.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Undergraduate degree or higher in finance or a related subject
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
Travel within Egypt will be required.
September - October 2018Anticipated Level of Effort (LOE):
No phone calls please.
All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.