Financial Senior Specialist or Specialist
Connectivity, Markets and Finance Division (IFD/CMF)
Do you think you have the expertise, imagination and independent thinking to bring financial innovation to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean region? Apply today and join our team in Washington D.C.
Background: We are looking for a Financial Sector Specialist for our Connectivity, Markets and Finance Division (CMF) due to an increased demand for creative financial structures than can help LAC countries to optimize public resources to attract as much private investment as possible.
CMF’s work: CMF engineers funding mechanisms and risk mitigation structures (guarantees, SPVs, hybrids, funds…) to mobilize private sector investments and to support public investments in public-private partnerships, capital markets development, digital connectivity infrastructure and green financing. Our division also conducts extensive work on digital transformation and fintech. CMF adheres to the highest standards of sustainability and inclusion.
What you will do:
- Technical dialogue with government authorities, providing analytical and advisory services;
- Lead or participate in the identification, preparation and delivery of high-quality, tailor-made grant/loan operations and technical assistance grants;
- Lead effective and timely implementation of IDB supported loans/grants, providing technical mentorship, advice, and quality control for operational matters;
- Assure alignment with other Bank supported activities, collaborating closely with Bank management in the country offices;
- Handle operational matters with IDB colleagues, including those from CMF and other Bank’s units;
- Develop international coordination, maintaining a continuous dialogue, and strengthening strategic partnerships with other development partners operating in the region.
Skills you´ll need:
Education: You hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Finance, Law, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other relevant fields.
Experience: You have at least 5 years of experience of relevant work experience in structured finance, financial engineering, PPPs or related fields. Candidates with 4 years of experience will be considered for the lower functional grade under consideration.
Languages: You are proficient in Spanish and English.
Link toTechnical Competencies (Ctrl + click)
Link to Core Competencies (Ctrl + click)
Type of contract: Staff
Length of contract: 3 years
Starting date: November 2018
Location: Washington, DC.
Requirements: Citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and to have no family members currently working at the Bank.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in most development fields.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. Further to our core lending activities: we partner with our 48-member countries to provide the Latin America and the Caribbean region with cutting-edge work about relevant development issues, policy advice, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about their work.
The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.