Financial Services Analyst
Start date: September 2019
Status: Full time
Based in: Mexico City
Prosperity Fund Mexico – Financial services
Funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the objective of the Financial Services Strand is deliver a more inclusive and competitive financial services sector, accessible to all sections of Mexican society and new market entrants. The programme will achieve two interconnected and mutually beneficial results of increased competitiveness in the Fintech sector and more financial inclusion of women and men, which combined lead to poverty reduction, inclusive economic growth and gender equality..
DAI has recently won a four-year contract to deliver the Prosperity Fund Mexico Financial Services Strand Programme. To achieve this, the FS Strand, over the course of the next four years, will deliver the following Intermediate Outcomes: Greater access to, and more use of, financial services for previously un-and-underbanked women. Adoption of improvements in regulation that support the development of the Mexican Fintech sector. Wider, supportive and gender sensitive range of Fintech products and services available for “MSME” s doing business and their male and female users
We are looking for one driven and highly organized Financial Services Analyst to support the team during the implementation phase (remaining 3 years of the programme – focused on operations, data analytics, thought leadership, stakeholder engagement, events and meetings operations, and presentations).
The Financial Services Analyst will work closely with the Team Leader providing first-class technical delivery and data analytics, project management support, research, presentations and knowledge management/product development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical Delivery and Data Analytics:
- Support financial services research related to financial services year 1 work plan – Under the supervision and direction of the Team Leader conduct background research to update financial services PEA context and refresh and follow-up Cross-Cutting Strategies.
- Draft, review, edit, and format reports, briefs and PPT decks for technical programme activities and deliverables
- Work with Team Leader and DAI Technical Leads conducting specific research that includes data collection and quantitative and qualitative analysis. Each research will be coordinated and defined on a monthly or case-by-case basis.
- Project Management:
- Support the Team Leader with the coordination of implementation phase-related activities, and monitor programme progress and deliverables
- Set up meetings with partners and external stakeholders, and provide logistical/operational support
- Attend meetings, take minutes, circulate meeting briefs and follow-up action points
- Manage, update and follow-up stakeholder engagement activities keeping the DAI Technical Team and the British Embassy team informed all the time.
- Facilitate information sharing amongst the core Mexico-based leadership team, DAI’s teams in the UK, the Brisitsh Embassy in Mexico and relevant programme partners
- Create and maintain comprehensive programme documentation, including maintaining electronic and hard-copy databases and filing systems
- Liaise with the Finance and Operations Assistant to ensure any invoicing is processed on time
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
- Knowledge Management
- Manage the Programme’s technical library and dossier by ensuring information is updated, relevant and easily accessible for the team.
- Investigate the last publications related to the programme activities and update the library and dossier resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Political Science, Business Management, Economics, Engineering, etc.); Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar position in Mexico (data analytics, international development and financial services and financial inclusion)
- Excellent organization communication, proactive and able to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
- A team player with a positive “can do” attitude that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment, whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Sound knowledge of project management tools
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communications and writing skills, able to interact with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders from different sectors
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Knowledge of statistical management tools such as R or STATA are preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Availability to take on this assignment in a short notice
Reporting and support
The analyst will be supported, and line managed by the Team Leader.
Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.