In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region?
You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s Finance unit in San Francisco is seeking a Financial Systems Manager (FSM). The FSM is responsible for overseeing TAF’s suite of financial systems and is instrumental in guiding systems operations and integration for a highly complex international non-profit organization with 18 offices in Asia and 3 in the US. Responsible for technical operations and delivery for enterprise-wide systems of record, budgets and related data, systems and integrations for financial information systems solutions. The systems include ERP, projects, budgeting, home grown visual basic application used to connect country office data with the San Francisco general ledger. Importantly, the Manager manages the suite of more than 300 Cognos reports.
The FSM is responsible for the assessment, implementation and daily operations of critical information systems, applications and processes that support TAF’s financial management and reporting requirements. Critical responsibilities include design, configuration, and integration of diverse systems and processes to serve enterprise-wide requirements and reporting. Technical and operational leadership of key systems includes but is not limited to Deltek, Costpoint, Cognos reporting, and interface with custom applications. The FSM optimizes Financial Systems effectiveness and efficiency through coordination with global and diverse system users. In addition, the role requires effective teamwork with IT and Finance staff in San Francisco and in Asia to meet security, network optimization, and business requirements.
• Requires expertise in Cognos or similar report writer, SQL tables and relationships. Also requires experience with software and hosting vendor relations.
• Deltek, Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense, HRIS, UI Administration, Financial planning and analysis software experience preferred
• 8+ years of experience working with complex financial systems in a large organization
• Proven experience defining and executing projects on time, on budget and to user specifications
• Bachelor’s in accounting, Finance or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency with MS SQL 2005 and later, including Reporting Services and Integration Services a plus
• Knowledge of the Microsoft SharePoint environment a plus
• Familiarity with Visual Basic scripts and functions a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gain understanding of organization business models and costing methodologies to create operational and analytical reports using Cognos and SQL queries
• Analyze resultant data and metrics for accuracy
• Provide support for the Financial enterprise systems, including Deltek, Costpoint, Payroll, Time/Expense, and HR applications.
• Manage integration of hosted data repositories; manage custom applications for financial workflows and projects
• Act as primary liaison for Finance with IT, HR and other business units, engineering consultants and service providers
• Maintain and improve report repositories and report servers
• Analyze & implement new web and cloud technology solutions
• Strategically problem solve data and system errors, integration issues, and coding bugs
• Work with outsourced private cloud provider to host and administer MS SQL server databases, Cognos, Costpoint.
• Collaborate with VP/Finance -CFO on business software solutions. Lead design and implementation plan for these solutions.
• Facilitate scope definition, and high-level planning, discovery, and estimation for software projects with cross-functional teams
• Prepare and present high-level plan with estimates for VP/Finance and CFO and cross-functional leaders based on estimate outcomes
• Ensure proper documentation of scope of work with help from cross discipline functional leads
• Quantify cost factors for project deliverables including resources, project oversight, objective risk and related contingency
• Document key assumptions and dependencies established through estimation activities
• Prepare and communicate regular updates to project and executive leadership team on delivery progress, plan updates and budget spend and forecast, including status report updates, financial/budget/variance reports, and other reporting as required
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted by visiting our website: http://asiafoundation.org/about/careers/and selecting “Regular Employment”. We will only consider applicants who apply online and include both their cover letter, resume, and answer the assessment questions provided. Please upload your cover letter and resume in one document. You can also upload both in separate documents but please note, to do so, you will have to sign out of the system and go back into your record for additional documents. Applicant must submit their application prior to the closing date of 5:00 PM PST on Friday, July 13, 2018.