The Mitchell Group (TMG), an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking applications from qualified Fiscal Agent Managers for an anticipated six-year MCC-funded Program in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
The Fiscal Agent will provide professional services for fiscal management and funds control such as budgeting, financial management, internal controls, accounting, disbursements, financial reporting, and account reconciliation to ensure the proper, efficient, effective, and transparent use of the funds to be provided under the Program. The Fiscal Agent Manager will be responsible for the overall project management and quality control to support the client in its fiscal accountability responsibilities.
- Master’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, public administration, or related field.
- Professional financial management qualifications (Accounting certifications such as ACCA, CA or CPA, or equivalent specialized training).
The Fiscal Agent Manager will at a minimum possess the following skills and professional experience.
- Significant experience (10 years or more) working as a financial management professional.
- Experience setting up a financial management operation.
- Proven leadership quantities experience.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with high level government officials and business executives.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in French.
- Experience working in similar countries. Experience working on donor-funded projects in developing countries is an advantage.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in the use of automated commitment, budgeting, and accounting software applications. Experience using SAP is desirable.
- Experience working in French speaking West Africa is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of contract and procurement procedures would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Please send relevant CV/resume, three (3) references, and 1420 Biodata form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Fiscal Agent Manager” -YOUR LAST NAME. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
About the Organization
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.