Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is urgently seeking an experienced Fiscal Agent Manager for an ongoing Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) funded Morocco Compact of US$450 million, plus a contribution from the Moroccan government of at least 15% of the MCC contribution. The program is currently into fourth year of its implementation. Please note that this position is based in Rabat, Morocco, requires immediate mobilization, and is for a period of approximately two years.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 16 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Fiscal Agent Manager will be responsible for the financial management of the program, and will train and support the client in its fiscal accountability responsibilities including financial management and reporting. The Fiscal Agent will provide professional services for fiscal management and funds control such as budgeting, financial management, internal controls, accounting, disbursements, financial reporting, and account reconciliation to ensure the proper, efficient, effective, and transparent use of the funds to be provided under the program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Administer financial management of the program for its efficient and effective implementation.
- Manage and monitor internal control mechanisms, automated budgeting, commitment, and accounting systems on a daily basis.
- Assist in updating and revising a Fiscal Accountability Plan.
- Take all necessary actions to prepare or assist in putting together any documents, budgets, plans, reports, disbursement requests, or certifications as may be required by the donor.
- Assist in developing Detailed Financial Plans for the Program on a rolling, quarterly basis.
- Transfer knowledge and skills to entities in country regarding financial and grants management systems and internal controls used by the Fiscal Agent office.
- Provide advice on the financial activities of the program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, works, and services.
- Protect the financial management activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Respond promptly and fairly to complaints about the timeliness of payments.
- Cooperate and collaborate with all Implementing Entities and provide inputs wherever required.
- Assume other operational, functional, and contractual obligations and responsibilities as is customary in performing the duties of a Fiscal Agent.
- 15 years of experience as a Finance Manager, Controller, or in a similar senior position responsible for accounting, budgeting, financial management, and reporting
- Demonstrated significant experience setting up and managing financial management operations
- Knowledge and experience of project-based financial management, grants management, contract management, and procurement procedures would be an advantage
- Proven leadership qualities and experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level government officials and business executives
- Ability to quickly adapt and integrate with ongoing program, and flexibility to respond to needs and challenges of the program
- Previous working experience on projects financed by international donors or development agencies. Previous experience with MCC-funded programs is desirable
- Experience working in French speaking African countries, and experience working in Morocco is an advantage
- Master’s degree in finance, business, economics, or public administration
- Accounting certifications such as ACCA, CA or CPA, or equivalent specialized training
- Fluency in French and English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience and proficiency in the use of automated commitment, budgeting, and accounting software applications
- Experience using SAP system is desirable as the program currently uses SAP system
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization