Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking an experienced Fiscal Agent Manager for an anticipated five year donor-funded Program in Tunis, Tunisia.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Fiscal Agent Manager will be responsible for the financial management of the Program, and will train and support the client in its fiscal accountability responsibilities including financial management and reporting. The Fiscal Agent will provide professional services for fiscal management and funds control such as budgeting, financial management, internal controls, accounting, disbursements, financial reporting, and account reconciliation to ensure the proper, efficient, effective, and transparent use of the funds to be provided under the Program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage, execute, and administer all financial management activities for efficient and effective implementation of the Program. Provide advice on the financial activities of the Program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, works, and services. Cooperate and collaborate with all Implementing Entities and provide inputs wherever required.
- Establish and implement internal control mechanisms that provide reasonable assurance of accomplishing objectives in terms of reliability of financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations, and effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Design and implement a single chart of accounts and financial reporting templates for the entire Program. Set-up automated budgeting, commitment, and accounting systems, and maintain and monitor those systems on a daily basis. Assist in designing, implementing, and updating a Fiscal Accountability Plan.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual reports. Prepare or assist in putting together any documents, budgets, plans, reports, disbursement requests, or certifications as may be required by the donor. Assist the donor in developing Detailed Financial Plans for the Program on a rolling, quarterly basis. Manage and monitor all assets and liabilities including advances and retentions, accounts payable and contract balances, contingency funds, guarantees, and financial risks.
- Transfer knowledge and skills to entities on the ground regarding financial and grants management systems and internal controls used by the Fiscal Agent office.
- Ensure all financial activities are conducted in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manger, and in compliance with the principles, rules and procedures set out in the Grant and any Supplemental Agreements, Fiscal Accountability Plan, and Cost and Fiscal Accountability Principles of the Program and the donor. Protect the financial management activity from fraud, waste, and abuse. Respond promptly and fairly to complaints about the timeliness of payments. Ensure that all approvals and financial records are kept safely and filed properly.
- Assume other operational, functional, and contractual obligations and responsibilities customarily performed by a Fiscal Agent.
- 15 years of experience as a Finance Manager, Controller, or in a similar senior position responsible for accounting, budgeting, financial management, and reporting
- Significant experience in setting up financial management operations
- Knowledge and experience of project-based financial management, grants management, contract management, and procurement procedures would be an advantage
- Previous experience on projects financed by international donors or development agencies (World Bank, USAID, Millennium Challenge Corporation, Global Fund, or others)
- Experience working on projects in the water sector is desirable
- Proven leadership qualities and experience
- Experience managing a team of finance professionals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level government officials and business executives
- Experience working in similar countries – experience working in Tunisia is an advantage
- Master’s degree in finance, business, economics, or public administration
- Accounting certifications such as ACCA, CA or CPA, or equivalent specialized training
- Fluency in French and English – reading, writing, and speaking. Fluency in Arabic is an advantage.
Computer Skills –
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience and proficiency in the use of automated commitment, budgeting, and accounting software applications
- Experience using SAP system is desirable
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.