The Millennium Challenge Cooperation (MCC) has provided grants to support Compact development and facilitate Compact implementation to several African countries.
The Compact implementation includes Fiscal Agent Services, which are expected to start towards the end of 2020/beginning 2021.
In its capacity the Fiscal Agent shall diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended while ensuring that all financial transactions are conducted in strict compliance with principles, rules and procedures set out in the Compact and its Supplemental Agreements.
GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, has a sound track record in providing Fiscal Agent Services for MCC projects all over the world.
Specific responsibilities include:
Ø Overall project management, supervision of team, quality control on deliverables, adherence to work plan
Ø Responsible for relation management with all partner including but not limited to MCC, MCA, PA, Covered Providers
Ø Sole signatory power on MCA’s Permitted Account(s) and CPS
Ø With support of the SFMS responsible for approvals and authorizations of all payments including active participation in all major approval and authorization problems and payment procedures
Ø With support of the Senior Accounting Specialist (SAS) responsible for the automated accounting system, timely payments, cash management and financial reporting including leading role in all major reporting requirements such as budgets and financial reporting
Ø Responsible for compliance with GFA’s Standard Procedures for FA Projects and for maintaining an internal control system. With support of the SFMS and SAS responsible for major deliverables such as FAP including regular reviews, Audit Plans, Disaster Recovery Plan
Ø Responsible for any other task necessary to fulfill the Fiscal Agent responsibilities
The Fiscal Agent Manager will at a minimum possess the following qualifications, skills and professional experience.
1. Significant experience working as a financial management professional (approximately 15 years or more). Previous working experience for MCC is a big asset
2. Experience setting up a financial management operation
3. Proven leadership quantities experience
4. Education or training in business, economics, finance, accounting, public administration, or related field
5. Professional financial management qualifications or specialized training
6. Excellent communication skills and experience working with high level government officials and business executives
7. Fluency in written and spoken English and French
8. Experience working in similar countries. Experience working on donor-funded projects in developing countries is an advantage
9. Computer literate - Excel, Word and accounting packages
10. Knowledge and experience of contract and procurement procedures desirable