Chemonics seeks a Manila-based fiscal performance and public financial management advisor for the USAID Delivering Effective Government for Competitiveness and Inclusive Growth (DELIVER) project. The DELIVER project seeks to assist the Philippine government and forge partnerships with the private sector, civil society, industry players, and other development stakeholders, to institutionalize innovative and lasting solutions to improve the government’s effectiveness in critical functions and reforms. These include public financial management, tax policy and tax administration, domestic resource mobilization, public procurement, infrastructure development and provision, public-private partnerships for infrastructure, trade facilitation, market expansion and linkages for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), SME financing, and market value chains. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities and resources under Component 1 of the DELIVER project under the leadership of the chief of party and deputy chief of party, and work closely with the senior tax and modernization advisor
- Introduce program budgeting in the Philippines, including through targeted pilot programs
- Design approaches that support fiscal revenue stability and promote effective and transparent fiscal incentives and management
- Support relevant agencies in implementing public procurement and infrastructure procurement reforms, and promoting transparency and improved governance
- Analyze and benchmark PFM in the Philippines using international best practices
- Write analytical papers
- Improve benchmarking and program budgeting in the Philippines
- Coordinate with other donors supporting public financial management
- Help ensure the quality and scheduled performance of component activities and deliverables
- Support identification, hiring, and performance management of Component 1 staff
- Provide technical input in grants and subcontracts and technical oversight of subcontract and grant activities in Component 1
- Help prepare project deliverables including the annual work plan, and quarterly, annual, and final reports
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, management, public policy, finance, public financial management, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, including 5 years in public financial management, economics, program budgeting, public policy, or a related field. Skills in tax policy and tax administration preferred
- Experience in the Philippines is required
- Strong English communication skills. This includes the ability to obtain, organize, and draft clear and concise content
- Ability to interact with multidisciplinary team of professionals on large and complex international development programs
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects required
- Previous experience with USAID preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter to DELIVERrecruitmentPH@chemonics.com by January 10, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Early submissions are encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.