World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Food Assistance Officer – Integrated Rapid Response Missions, you will lead and coordinate registration and distribution of food to conflict-affected population/food-insecure population in different areas/locations within South Sudan. You should be ready to work in very remote and insecure locations of South Sudan.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, management, Business Administration, International Development or a related field including grant management.
- Extensive exposure to Food Aid Programs (minimum 3 years).
- Knowledge of the Sphere standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP) and other international humanitarian standards.
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring Commodities standards, Cash Based Program standards and coordination and management of Food For Assets as defined and set out by FPMG.
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, preferably within WV context, specifically those that relate to food distributions, warehousing, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Must be willing to travel and a flexible approach to living conditions.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of different capacity building initiatives.
- Work environment: Office-Based position with frequent visits to the fields.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 MAY 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.