ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Food Science Team Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock and Nutrition Activity in Bangladesh. The program will increase livestock productivity, marketability and consumption of livestock products including dairy products within the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. The Food Science Team Lead will provide technical contributions and oversight in attaining project goals and objectives through food science and output market interventions with relevant actors. The position will be based in Dhaka.
- Provide technical contributions and oversight in attaining project goals and objectives through food science and output market interventions
- Support public and private sector actors in the dairy and meat value chains to incorporate processing best practices and innovations into their processing and marketing operations
- Support public and private sector actors in dairy and meat value chains to more effectively meet and maintain high standards of biosafety, including hygiene for dairy processing
- Support capacity build of project staff in food science best practices and innovations
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for food science-focused initiatives
- Master’s degree in Food Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 12 years of experience working in managing and implementing food sciences or output market related activities.
- Track record of achieving project objectives in a context of similar scope and challenges.
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project desired.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with teams and professional groups in a cross-cultural environment
- Fluency in Bangla and English is required.
- Experience in Bangladesh and ability to travel throughout the South West region required.
Bangladeshi nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.