CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
CNFA considers food security as an essential component of long-term, stable growth. The Food Security Technical Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating food security technical initiatives and best practices throughout all levels of implementation. Responsibilities will include: strategic leadership of food security implementation; comprehensive integration of technical interventions both internally as well as externally with other stakeholders; and identification of key agricultural research and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in integrated, multi-sectoral programming; West Africa experience strongly preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge of food security technical areas, including both theoretical and applied knowledge, is required;
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Master’s Degree in agriculture, international development, or other relevant area is required, a PhD is preferred;
- Strong French and English ability is required, understanding of local languages is preferred.
**Local nationals are encouraged to apply
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, CNFA manages a portfolio of nearly $300 million in 18 countries. CNFA applies market-system approaches that engage local stakeholders to strengthen value chains and increase incomes, competitiveness, and employment for smallholder farmers and agribusinesses. CNFA programs strengthen the organizational and technical capacity of agribusinesses, cooperatives, and associations (including women’s and youth groups) to support farmers and promote the uptake of improved technologies and techniques to enhance productivity and natural resource management. We improve business and management practices of farmers and agribusiness and increase their access to affordable financial services. We also facilitate strong business linkages between smallholders and suppliers of quality inputs, service providers, buyers, and profitable markets.