Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Food Security Technical Deputy Chief of Party, Burkina Faso
We are currently seeking a Food Security Technical Deputy Chief of Party for the Burkina Faso Victory Against Malnutrition (VIMPlus) USAID funded Development Food Security Activity. The activity aims to increase food security in the most vulnerable households in 11 Communes of Centre-Nord, Burkina Faso. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team ensures the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensures access to nutritious food year-round, improves household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthens governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses. The Food Security Technical Deputy Chief of Party will be highly experienced in a broad spectrum of food security technical focus areas with responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors of the activity.
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the activity, and USAID and RISE II investments.
- Ensure the achievement of activity goals and objectives in line with annual plans by providing technical advice and direction to the activity team.
- Oversee day-to-day planning, design and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation.
- Ensure achievement of learning objectives and use results to adapt program design as needed.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA headquarters and other partner organizations.
- Oversee and provide technical guidance to the directors for agriculture productivity, enterprise development, finance and investment, and nutrition.
- Preparation or supervision of work plans, financial, logistical and other documents.
- Supervision and evaluation of technical team.
- Advanced degree in Agriculture, Business, International Development, Public Health, or other relevant sectors.
- At least eight years of relevant experience required, including significant experience in food security programming.
- A record of successful performance on USAID-funded activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with activity stakeholders: donors, partners, local government institutions, private sector, etc.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Fluent English and French required.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.