The Fiscal Agent shall act on behalf of the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) to provide a broad range of financial management services that are requested by MCA to implement the projects funded with the Grant funds.
In this capacity the Fiscal Agent shall diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended by MCA, while ensuring that all financial transactions are conducted in strict compliance with principles, rules and procedures set out in the Compact and its Supplemental Agreements.
The Senior Payment Specialist / Senior Financial Management Specialist will support the team leader in the execution of the overall responsibilities of the contract. Moreover, the candidate will bear specific responsibility as follows:
- Final approval and authorization of all payments
- Cash-flow / budget planning and fund utilization monitoring
- Maintenance of interim filing system (physical and electronic) for all documents required for approval and authorization of payments
- Resolution of all approval and authorization problems including participation with the Team Leader/FAM in any major problems and resolutions
- Supervision of local Payment Specialists
- Conduct payments procedures education programs
- VAT issues and if exist VAT-related data entry staff
- Team participation in other requirements such as Fiscal Accountability Plan and Audit Plans
The Senior Payment Specialist will at a minimum possess the following qualifications, skills and professional experience:
- Master in Business Administration / Finance and Accounting and/or Certified Public/Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CA or CPA) Significant audit experience is an advantage.
- Training in business, economics, finance, accounting, public administration, or related field
- Professional financial management qualification or specialized training
- Minimum 8 years or more of experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial management and reporting
- Excellent working experience in payment operations, funds control, cash and commitment management, internal controls and international accounting standards
- Excellent working experience with automated financial management applications. Experience with SAP is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of contract and procurement procedures. Experience with US government regulation is an advantage
- Fluency in French and English
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office –Excel, Word and Power Point
- Working experience in francophone Africa is an advantage