ARK Group is a stabilization and development consultancy that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as evidence-based interventions, in conflict-affected areas on behalf of public and private sector clients. Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity. We have a highly dynamic, capable, multinational team with offices across the MENA region.
Our four main areas of focus are:
- Governance and Security
- Migration and Refugees
- Resilience and Recovery
ARK is currently increasing its bid preparation resources and methods as a result of an expansion in its operations. To this end, we want to widen our pool of external consultants who are able to contribute on a one-off or recurrent basis to the drafting of technical proposals.
Objectives of the role: Work with Bid Team to lead the writing of winning technical proposals for projects funded by UK, US, EU and other donors. Tenders will respond to a range of technical areas that will include:
- Capacity Building
- Community Resilience
- Conflict Prevention
- Security Sector Reform
- Rule of Law
- Strategic Communications
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Take part in and contribute to project design sessions where technical content, the tender response structure and technical approach are determined;
- Lead the drafting of technical proposals including potentially managing inputs from technical area experts both from within ARK’s pool of in-house expertise and from external technical consultants;
- Attend tender review sessions, either in person or remotely and lead on incorporating feedback from other reviewers in the tender preparation process;
- Work with the proposal manager to finalise the tender for submission to the client
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- In-depth and up-to-date technical expertise in one or more of the above mentioned technical areas and knowledge, or, extensive project management experience
- Proven experience writing winning proposals for government-funded projects (please include a list with your application)
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, to structure arguments in a logical fashion and to balance technical rigor with simple explanations
- Excellent drafting skills in English (native speakers preferred)
- Understanding of and ability to apply the logical framework, Project Cycle Management and Results Oriented Monitoring approaches in response to the Terms of Reference;
- Ability to be available at short notice for 10 to 20 working days in a month, home-based, in-country and/or at ARK London office or regional field offices.
- Commitment to confidentiality and absence of conflict of interest with competing firms.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV (no more than 3 pages) with a covering letter (one page) by email to HR@arkgroupdmcc.com quoting ‘Freelance Bid Writer)’ in the subject line
About the Organization
ARK is a research, conflict transformation and stabilisation consultancy that supports local communities in conflict and fragile areas. We believe that international stability, national security, community safety and individual empowerment are intrinsically linked.
As a team at ARK, we partner with local stakeholders to provide insight and develop programmes that are of immediate, tangible assistance to conflict-affected communities. Many of our staff are drawn from partner communities, hence ARK’s commitment to and understanding of conflict zones. ARK has ongoing programming in communities across the Middle East.