Project title: Implementation of civil service reform across the public administration
Brief description: The overall objective of the project is:
To further strengthen public sector governance and efficiency of the Albanian Public Administration.
Specific objectives are as follows:
- Strengthening DoPA’s management and oversight capacity in implementation of the civil service and salaries reform.
- Increasing capacities in using different tools for implementation of business processes.
- Strengthening ASPA’s capacities in managing and delivering quality trainings.
The purposes are as follows:
- to develop and implement tools and mechanisms in order to improve human resources management;
- to further support the full implementation of civil service reform;
- to develop mechanisms in order to ensure the oversight of public administration.
- Result 1: “A professional, impartial, independent and merit-based public administration strengthened”.
- Result 2: “Control and oversight mechanisms over the public administration guaranteeing citizens’ rights and access to information enhanced”.
Commencement date of the project: November 2017 (provisional)
Duration of the assignment: indicative 250 working days
Key Expert 4 will support the Team Leader in implementation of project activities related to methodology and implementation of functional reviews as well as business processes review and optimization and simplification.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master degree or equivalent in law, social sciences, political sciences, economics public policy or any other relevant field related to the project;
- Any additional Postgraduate degree qualification in any complementary discipline related to the project scope sector will be an asset;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (min 2 points in the scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is excellent and 5 is basic);
- Computer literate
General professional experience
- Preferably 12 years but a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in relation to public administration and civil service management is required.
Specific professional experience
- Experience with design and implementation of functional reviews of large scale for public administration in at least one project involving several systems (line ministries & subordinate institutions) in an EU Member State or Candidate/Potential Candidate Country is required is required;
- Experience with business processes analysis and simplification / reengineering procedures gained in at least one project in an EU Member State or Candidate/Potential Candidate Country is required.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org