Lead the production and analysis of all print and digital direct marketing material for the Swiss market.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff. The Marketing and Relationships department consists of a marketing and product development team as well as a relationship team. Together they maintain relationships with individuals as well as the masses.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. 80-100%, 6-9 months contract.
Key Activity Areas
Produce Marketing Material Material
- Create content for appeals.
- Manage approval and translation.
- Test material using focus group.
- Define lists of recipients.
- Manage Assistant to ensure production and delivery.
- Optimize products for our target audiences.
- Find new ways of attracting donors.
- Create yearly financial forecasting.
- Report on performance of sent appeals.
- Analyze performance over time, spot trends and direct competitors.
- Create thank you material for specific appeals.
- Together with resource team ensure that thank you’s are done based on individual preferences.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of German is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Excellent communication and written skills, passionate about storytelling.
- Strong fundraising skills, especially direct marketing
- Strong Analytical thinker. Able to interpret insights and statistics and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Expert in Excel, CRM knowledge (Salesforce), Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign or Acrobat.
- Gifted creative. Able to visualize concepts, plans and execute them.
- Good time-management skills, able to deliver according to set targets.
- Maintains positive attitude in stressful circumstances.
- Capable of working in a multicultural environment.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.