Transtec provides short-term expertise for the European Union under the SIEA framework contracts, FWC Service for the implementation of External Aid (FWC SIEA 2018) - EuropeAid/138778/DH/SER/Multi.
Under this particular advert we invite experts interested in Lot 1 opportunities (Lot 1 – Sustainable management of natural resources and resilience) and in possession of both the required technical expertise and priority sectors here listed to register or update their profile in our database of consultants.
List of sectors - Technical description
- Crop production, storage, conservation, transformation, and marketing /value chains
- Vegetable, fruit and cash crop production storage, conservation, transformation and marketing /value chains
- Legal aspects
- Alternative production systems (organic farming, agroforestry, permaculture)
- Livestock regeneration plans
- Veterinary, animal health, animal identification, quarantine and border inspection posts
- Trade of animal products
- Production, conservation, storage and marketing of animal products
- Legal aspects
3. Sustainable Forestry management and conservation
- Forest inventories, forest management plans, forest establishment and plantation management
- Agroforestry, community and environmental development programmes
- Strategic and operational resource development and wood supply plans
- Forestry industry development plans
4. Fishery and aquaculture
- Marine and fresh water aquaculture
- Assessment of fish stocks and sustainable fish resources exploitation
- Legal aspects
5. Land management
- Land use planning, Land information systems and applications,
- Land reform policies
- Land registration and cadastre, Land market development, estate economic assessments
6. Food security & nutrition
- Assessment of national stocks
- National statistics on food production
- Forecasts of famine and early warning systems
- Transitory and chronic food insecurity
7. Food safety
- Tracing, food control
- Legal aspects
8. Extension/Training/Human Resources Development/Institutional development
- Extension services
- Training of personnel
- Sectoral organisations (farmers, producers, traders)
- Institutional strengthening
9. Rural Infrastructure
- Rural infrastructure planning, development and rehabilitation (Market infrastructure, irrigation and drainage, etc.)
10. Climate Change
- Climate change: resilience, adaptation and mitigation
11. Sustainable Natural Resource management
- Sustainable management and protection of natural resources, biodiversity and ecosystems (soil erosion/salinization/fertility, national parks ecosystem protection, fight against desertification, etc.)
- Sustainable Water management including planning (e.g. integrated river basin management), supply, waste water treatment (incl. waste water reuse and energy generation)
- Environmental protection
- Pollution including chemicals, plastics, waste, air pollution and greenhouse gases emissions
- Green economy (incl. sustainable and resource efficient production and consumption), Blue Economy
- Ocean governance including marine/coastal zones protection
12. Disaster Risk Reduction
- Disaster Risk Reduction, including climate and environmental risks/disaster management
List of Expertise
Each lot is expected to support and advise Commission services (Headquarters and EU Delegations) and/or Partner Countries/Organisations along the entire cycle of operations (from design to implementation and evaluation of EU interventions) by providing technical inputs and by assisting in carrying out analysis, studies and providing opinions and advice. To this end, each lot should incorporate expertise related to a number of horizontal aspects/tasks, such as:
- Analytical studies (e.g. feasibility studies, institutional/stakeholder analysis, political and economic analysis, strategic environmental assessments, environmental impact assessments, climate risk assessments, intervention logic and logical framework approach/theory of change, economic analysis, data collection and analysis, performance measurement and indicators, monitoring and evaluation systems). This will also include mainstreaming of crosscutting issues (climate change, environment, resilience, youth, gender, disabilities and more broadly rights based approach), analysis of legislation, regulations and law enforcement, legislative gap analysis, etc.
- Policy-related analysis (e.g. gender analysis, do- no-harm and conflict-sensitivity analysis, religious dynamics assessments) and design. This will also include mainstreaming of crosscutting issues.
- Technical inputs (e.g. technical annexes for works and supplies)
- Evaluation of offers; assessment of grant proposals
- Evaluations (e.g. mid-term, final and ex-post, impact evaluations, including of budget support programmes)
- Public financial management and domestic revenue mobilisation, including at sector level and at subnational government level
- Investment financing
- Capacity development and institutional strengthening
- Training and research
- Awareness-raising (incl. information and communication)
Kindly note this announcement is a general call and is not a request for a specific mission / assignment.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.