Transtec provides short-term expertise for the European Union under the SIEA framework contracts, FWC Service for the implementation of External Aid (FWC SIEA 2018) - EuropeAid/138778/DH/SER/Multi.
Under this particular advert we invite experts interested in Lot 5 opportunities (Lot 5 - Budget Support) and in possession of both the required technical expertise and priority sectors here listed to register or update their profile in our database of consultants.
List of sectors - Technical description
1. Public policies
- Formulation, assessment, monitoring of development/economic/sector policies
- Public expenditure reviews, tracking surveys or equivalent
- Growth inclusiveness and fight against inequalities
- Economic empowerment of disadvantaged groups, including women and youth
- Communication and awareness-raising around public policies and reforms
- Growth sustainability and economic resilience
2. Macroeconomic stability
- Analysis (e.g. growth, fiscal balance, balance of payment, monetary survey)
- Reforms and capacity building
- Macroeconomic management and fiscal rules
- Debt sustainability, contingent liabilities and arrears clearance
- Economic vulnerability and external shocks
- Oversight and restructuring/recapitalisation of the financial sector
3. Public finance management
- Assessment & diagnostic tools (e.g. Public Expenditure & Financial Accountability)
- Reforms and capacity building, including in relation to public administration reforms
- Public expenditure and cash management (e.g. budgeting, execution and reporting)
- Public procurement
- Debt management
- Public sector accounting
- Internal and external control/audit
- Public investment/asset management
- Supervision and management of state-owned enterprises or agencies
- Public finance management in specific sectors and at subnational level
- Budget transparency, oversight and accountability (e.g. parliament or civil society)
- Anticorruption measures
4. Domestic revenue mobilisation
- Assessment & diagnostic tools (e.g. Tax Administration Diagnostic Assessment Tool)
- Reforms and capacity building
- Tax policy and tax administration (efficiency, effectiveness, fairness and transparency)
- Extractive industries revenues
- International tax governance
- Transfer-pricing, anti-money laundering, illicit financial flows
- Customs, fiscal impact of trade policies or regional integration, export/import controls
5. Statistics and indicators
- Assessment of data collection, processing, quality control, analysis and dissemination
- Production of economic indicators (e.g. gross domestic product, inequality or poverty)
- Production of sector-specific indicators, at national or regional/local levels
- Reforms of statistical systems and capacity building
- Performance measurement (e.g. indicators and targets, data verification, impact).
List of Expertise
Each lot is expected to support and advise Commission services (Headquarters and EU Delegations) and/or Partner Countries/Organisations along the entire cycle of operations (from design to implementation and evaluation of EU interventions) by providing technical inputs and by assisting in carrying out analysis, studies and providing opinions and advice. To this end, each lot should incorporate expertise related to a number of horizontal aspects/tasks, such as:
- Analytical studies (e.g. feasibility studies, institutional/stakeholder analysis, political and economic analysis, strategic environmental assessments, environmental impact assessments, climate risk assessments, intervention logic and logical framework approach/theory of change, economic analysis, data collection and analysis, performance measurement and indicators, monitoring and evaluation systems). This will also include mainstreaming of crosscutting issues (climate change, environment, resilience, youth, gender, disabilities and more broadly rights based approach), analysis of legislation, regulations and law enforcement, legislative gap analysis, etc.
- Policy-related analysis (e.g. gender analysis, do- no-harm and conflict-sensitivity analysis, religious dynamics assessments) and design. This will also include mainstreaming of crosscutting issues.
- Technical inputs (e.g. technical annexes for works and supplies)
- Evaluation of offers; assessment of grant proposals
- Evaluations (e.g. mid-term, final and ex-post, impact evaluations, including of budget support programmes)
- Public financial management and domestic revenue mobilisation, including at sector level and at subnational government level
- Investment financing
- Capacity development and institutional strengthening
- Training and research
- Awareness-raising (incl. information and communication)
Kindly note this announcement is a general call and is not a request for a specific mission / assignment.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.