The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is currently looking for a Gas Sector Lead to serve as the primary individual responsible for leading this critical component of the ESP. The individual will lead on the development and implementation of the project’s gas strategy at the national and local level. The individual will play a leading role in activities to implement Ukraine’s new gas market including the harmonization of the gas market rules of Ukraine with the EU internal market. This position reports to the ESP Chief of Party (COP). The position is based in Kyiv with occasional travel to other cities in Ukraine. The position is open to foreign nationals and will be considered as an expatriate resident position in Kyiv. ESP will assist with obtaining necessary authorities to work and live in Kyiv for the successful candidate.
- Ultimately responsible for the development and implementation of the project’s gas activities
- Manage a team of on/about 10 employees and consultants, and number of subcontractors, implementing the project’s Gas activities
- Oversee input on, and provide input to, reports, technical papers, presentations, client reporting, analysis, etc.;
- Represent ESP in forums and meetings with donors, energy community, USAID, etc. as the project’s Gas expert
- Play a lead role in analyzing, recommending, preparing and supporting gas industry reform in Ukraine;
- Proactively develop plans for gas industry reform to be supported by ESP and update this plan on a regular basis, as approved by ESP management and USAID. Develop recommendations for gas industry reform activities and distribute to key stakeholders. Ensure data and information are managed effectively, efficiently and securely as appropriate across gas industry of Ukraine;
- Initiate analysis, provide insight and presentations on the gas industry in Ukraine. Undertake fundamental research and actively share insights with management, project members and key stakeholders. Work with other advisors to gather relevant information and assess needs, including areas where professional skills are needed to support the gas industry reform;
- Produce reports, insights and technical papers as agreed with the ESP Management team;
- Coordinate and manage all analytical and consultancy activity connected to gas industry reform, supported by ESP;
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts through establishing regular contact and networking;
- Distribute information on Ukrainian gas market reform to stakeholders in EU and USA.
- Lead engagement with representatives from Ukraine Support Group of European Commission, Energy Community Secretariat, Government of Ukraine, Naftogaz of Ukraine, NEURC, MECI and other stakeholders that have influential authority over decision-making in gas market;
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the ESP management team.
- At least 10 years of experience in the gas sector and detailed understanding of the European Union gas industry, including market design, regulatory and the requirements of the Third Energy Package and understanding of competitive commodity markets is preferred, as well as, the technical, financial, economic mechanisms that are interrelated in the creation of a fully functioning gas market in Ukraine;
- The Expert must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in business, energy, finance or related field
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, is a leading provider of energy services working worldwide for development agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations. We provide technical solutions for the world's most complex energy challenges including energy policy and regulatory advisory services, utility reform, financial advisory services, clean energy deployment, and connectivity solutions.