MSI is seeking short term Team Leaders to conduct country-level assessments on impunity around gender-based violence in Latin America and the Caribbean Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Barbados, Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago. Applicants may be considered for multiple country assessments.
· Oversee and coordinate one or more country-level assessments, to include structural barriers and enabling environment, the social norms that contribute to impunity related to SGBV, the institutions on the ground and how they are addressing Sexual and Gender Based Violence issues, challenges, and opportunities that need to be considered.
· Management of the country-level assessment team, including managing in-country client relationships, taking the lead in meetings, making or overseeing logistical arrangements, and serving as primary author of the written report.
· A PhD and 8 years of experience; or JD/LMM and 10 years of experience; or MS/MA/MBA and 12 years of experience in a field relevant to promoting democracy and good governance is required.
· Demonstrated experience conducting high-quality and in-depth analyses of political, institutional, economic and social barriers to democratic development and consolidation, particularly related to social inclusion and Sexual and Gender Based Violence.
· Demonstrated experience leading multi-person assessment teams in LAC and/or other developing country contexts.
· Familiarity with applied Political Economy Assessment (PEA) methodologies, and/or USAID’s DRG Strategic Assessment Framework desirable.
· Regional experience in one or more of the following countries required: Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Barbados, Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
· Knowledge of DRG transition literature, preferred.
· Professional proficiency in Spanish required.
· An ability to conduct interviews and discussions in other LAC local languages desirable.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.