Position Located in Washington, D.C.
CAMRIS International, Inc. is an international development and research firm that provides innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, economical program and research management services.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through CAMRIS International to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Communication Analyst
USAID/GDL/Office of Engagement and Communication
The U.S. Global Development Lab is a functional bureau reporting to the USAID Administrator. The U.S. Global Development Lab is seeking a Communication Analyst to support advancing Science, Technology, Innovation, and Partnership within USAID.
This position is located in the U.S. Global Development Lab’s (Lab) Office of Engagement and Communication. The Lab is an organization established to harness the power of Science, Technology, Innovation and Partnership (STIP) to significantly accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals.
The Lab’s two part mission is:
1) produce breakthrough development innovations; and
2) accelerate the transformation of the U.S. development enterprise.
The Lab focuses on:
1) science to harness the power of research and academic communities to improve development outcomes;
2) technology that can empower underserved communities and provide data to inform decision-making to improve development outcomes;
3) innovation to identify transformative solutions and bring them to scale; and
4) partnership to drive collaboration and collective action to achieve sustainable development impact. The Lab’s Office of Engagement and Communication
Roles and Responsibility:
The incumbent provides communications, press, outreach and event support to technical program, performing a variety of both complex and analytical duties, and maintains key relationships. These duties range from crafting and executing internal and external communication strategies, direct management of major press interaction, to creating processes for social, media and print, communications tasks, drafting or facilitating the drafting of content, strategizing and supporting execution of major events and supporting media, designing or facilitating the pitching, targeting, and interaction with media outlets, and top tier media engagement, creating a press and media strategy, writing print and online collateral, maintaining listservs and analyzing the success of communications efforts.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
* Manages the engagement of media , including pitching, targeting, running interviews. tracking results and press, serves as the senior media liaison for the Lab and works closely with the Public Affairs team.
* Supports the development and implementation of the communications strategy, including its top-line messaging, marketing materials, and set of communications tools.
* Writes, edits and oversees the production and dissemination of strategic communication materials, including but not limited to online feature stories, blog posts, case studies, fact sheets, presentations, and video scripts.
* Manages the editorial process and pipeline, including developing an editorial calendar, sourcing and pitching story ideas, and editing content.
* Manages the Twitter handle and developing content on digital development for the client and other social media
* Monitors development and digital technology news, trends, and best practices, and translate into actionable content.
* Supports the management and growth of an active community of practice using a variety of internal and external channels (e.g., newsletters, webinars, live events, online platforms, etc.) and leveraging a mix of communication resources (e.g., toolkits, cas)
* Develops online content for and manages the Center’s external and internal web properties.
* Helps design, plan, and participate in Regional and DC-based training for country and sector staff.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of experience or Masters degree with 4 years of experience.
* Strong communication and coordination skills.
* Demonstrate strong sense of responsibility;
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to handle multi-tasking well. Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of complex communication portfolio(s) with little notice.
* Significant media management experience at a high level in a fast paced environment Strong experience in successful media pitching with a good placement history
* US Citizen with the ability to obtain a secret clearance.