FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Gender Advisor for an anticipated USAID/Jordan Enterprise Support Activity (JESA). The purpose of JESA is to support private sector-led economic growth for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance and increasing firm productivity.
The Gender Advisor will ensure that all aspects of the USAID/Jordan Enterprise Support Activity (JESA) are gender-sensitive and gender-responsive and adhere to the principle of “do no harm”. The Advisor will support the design and implementation of project activities that address the unique challenges that women and men face. S/he will support project management with recommendations to meet program objectives and the overall goal.
The position will be resident-based in Amman, Jordan. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the JESA project to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance and direction on gender for integrated programming and monitoring
- Provide support to project staff, beneficiaries, and other government ministries on gender integration in programming
- Provide on-site technical assistance and capacity strengthening in gender programming
- Ensure technical quality of activity monitoring, reporting, and presentation of related activities under the project
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent (Master’s degree preferred) in social sciences, gender studies, community development, or other relevant field
- Must have at least eight years of relevant experience managing and implementing development activities, including those relevant to gender integration and inclusion
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations highly desired
- Experience engaging men on gender related issues
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others
- Experience with gender analysis highly desired
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Professional fluency in Arabic and prior experience working in Jordan/MENA region
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.