Gender and Cooperate Social Responsibility Expert
The Asia Foundation (TAF) in China is implementing a two-year project (June 2018-May 2020) with the objective of addressing gender gaps and enabling the adoption of gender-sensitive corporate responsibility practices by Chinese textile and garment investors in Cambodia. The Asia Foundation is currently looking for a Gender and Cooperate Social Responsibility Expert based in Phnom Penh to support this program.
Objective of the consultancy
The Asia Foundation is seeking a consultant to support the above program with specific emphasis on understanding gender related issues and cooperate social responsibility in the garment industry in Cambodia.
The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work with The Asia Foundation and its external consultants to:
- Develop gender information kits on gender equality in the workplace for garment factories in Cambodia;
- Design and deliver gender sensitivity capacity building trainings to selected garment factories in Cambodia;
- Support the implementation of gender sensitivity in the workplace at a selected model factory in Cambodia;
- Organize and coordinate a consultative workshop to gather feedback to support the development of the gender information kits;
- Organize and coordinate a dissemination workshop to share best practices in Cambodia at the end of the program.
This is a two-year program, starting in June 2018 and ending in May 2020.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Have an advance degree in the field of gender and/or cooperate social responsibility.
- Have strong knowledge in gender, especially in the context of the garment industry in Cambodia;
- Have strong understanding of the garment industry in Cambodia;
- Be familiar with cooperate social responsibility, especially in Chinese companies is preferable;
- Be proficient in Khmer and English;
- Proficiency in Mandarin is an asset;
- Be willing to travel to garment factories both in Phnom Penh and outside of Phnom Penh when necessary;
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work with various actors with a multi-cultural team.
- Application Process
To apply for this consultancy, you are requested to submit the following;
A Curriculum Vitae
A concise cover letter explaining why you are qualified to do the work and your relevant experience against the requirements
A writing sample as recent examples/portfolio of your work.
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Applications should be submitted with the subject line: “Gender Expert for Garment Industry in Cambodia”.
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class
About the Organization
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation.
Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, DC. Working with public and private partners, the Foundation receives funding from a diverse group of bilateral and multilateral development agencies, foundations, corporations, and individuals. In 2017, we provided $83.7 million in direct program support and distributed textbooks and other educational materials valued at $8.7 million.