Position: Gender and Social Inclusion Analyst
Position Type: Short Term
Position Location: Bangladesh
ME&A is recruiting a Gender and Social Inclusion Analyst with expertise in the Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) sector for a short-term study managed by the USAID Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (BMEL). USAID/Bangladesh seeks to identify relevant gender gaps and dynamics as well as social inclusion issues that could be addressed through project activities. These issues might include differential access to resources, services, opportunities, leadership roles, and decision-making power. Relevant DRG themes include democratic political processes, civil society advocacy, resilience among youth to violence extremism, effective governance, and an inclusive approach to protecting human rights. The gender and social inclusion analysis will provide recommendations to USAID for current and future activities.
The DRG Gender and Social Inclusion Analyst will be a senior member of a team working under the direction of a USAID/Bangladesh team leader. The Analyst will have a critical role in all stages of the study preparation, data collection and analysis. The Analyst will be the primary drafter of the analysis report. The period of performance is approximately eight weeks in August and September 2019. This period includes the literature review and preparation, field work in Bangladesh, and report writing.
- Advanced degree in a field related to development, sociology or methodology, with coursework or formal training in gender or other social inclusion areas.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant analysis/evaluation experience, including demonstrated experience drafting gender and/or social demographic analysis.
- Knowledge of USAID policy and development work related to gender equality and women’s/girls’ empowerment and constructive male involvement.
- Knowledge of the DRG sector.
- Relevant field experience in South Asia, preferably in Bangladesh.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-sectoral and multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Satisfactory past performance documented by three references related to work of similar scope.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.