Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting a Gender and Social Inclusion Expert for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, MELS will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders. The Mission focuses on sustainable natural resource management and increased public services in the Amazon basin.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist will:
- Support evaluation research related to gender equality and female empowerment and indigenous peoples.
- Help develop evaluation methods to ensure evaluations teams are accurately collecting and analyzing data related to vulnerable populations.
- Provide technical expertise on the qualitative research aspects of the evaluations.
- Assure the quality of project products.
- Provide technical and strategic support to evaluation teams; provide ad-hoc technical and strategic inputs to the consultants.
- Keep abreast of new developments and thinking as they relate to technical areas.
- Maintain and update an on-line resource hub for internal staff.
- Help to develop and deliver evaluation project management tools (i.e. excel spreadsheets, surveys, activity and deliverable trackers), frameworks, and trainings, for both internal and external use; help to coordinate peer-learning initiatives, such as the Gender community of practice.
- Help to position the project as a thought-leader on aid effectiveness, including review of technical papers and case studies, and webinars.
- Provide technical inputs and quality assurance in all evaluation products.
- A graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Sociology, Anthropology, Social Psychology.
- Minimum ten years of experience in designing, leading and conducting performance/process or impact evaluations in developing countries.
- At least ten years of relevant experience, and a broad familiarity with subject matter related to food security, gender, poverty reduction, nutrition, agriculture development, land/property rights, natural resources management, resilience and vulnerable populations.
- Extensive experience and familiarity of gender studies and vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrable expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- A proven ability to provide advice and support that is both theoretically robust and practical to implement; demonstrated effectiveness in mainstreaming gender across the lifecycle of the project.
- Excellent writing and communications skills; demonstrated training skills are an advantage.
- Familiarity with data management desired
- Fluency in Spanish required, fluency in English desired
- Resident or citizen of Peru desired
- Expertise in Peru highly desired, and experience in Brazil and Paraguay are a plus
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.