BRAZIL ENERGY PROGRAMME
Position: Gender and Social Inclusion Manager
The Brazil Energy Programme (BEP) is a 34-month programme that will provide technical assistance and fund management to support the Brazilian government and the private sector to accelerate growth in renewable energy and clean energy technology. The Programme is financed by the UK’s Prosperity Fund, which is dedicated to supporting the adoption of technology and regulatory innovations that can help unlock potential in emerging economies and accelerate progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The BEP is one of four PF programmes implemented in Brazil. Adam Smith International is the Delivery Partner of the Energy Programme in Brazil.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Manager will integrate the Programme Management Unit and will work in close cooperation with the Senior Programme Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation, Report and Learning (MREL) Lead. S/he will assist the overall programme management, reporting directly to the Senior Programme Manager and at a higher level, to the Programme Director and all other BEP´s leadership governance
More specifically, the GESI manager will be responsible for delivery of technical work and management support to include the following: :
- Leading research on gender and inclusion in the energy space
- Providing advisory support to the Senior Programme Manager and Team Leader on areas of gender and inclusion
- Designing and managing research into the potential and real impacts of energy sector developments on the target populations and social groups of the programme
- Advice and support to MREL adviser on the disaggregation of data for collection
- Identification of gender and inclusion related risks and mitigation measures
- Direct management and performance monitoring of research and analysis teams under the RELATE component of the project
- Strategic vision and plans for the RELATE component of the project
- Coordination with Communications Manager on gender and inclusion aspects of communications
- Maintaining updates to the logical framework to track progress against output, intermediate outcomes, outcome and impact targets
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Master’s degree or higher in social science, gender analysis, international development or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in gender and social inclusion, international development or related area
- Analytical mindset, proven ability and strong track record in communicating information and conveying key messages to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced Microsoft Office user
- Ability to work independently
- Dynamic and energetic team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Portuguese and English
LOCATION, REPORTING & MANAGEMENT
This position is home based in Brazil, and may require occasional national travel.
The GESI Manager will report to the Senior Programme Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with subject headline “Brazil GESI Manager” to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is COB 5 July
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to consider all applicants regardless of colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is a global advisory company that works locally to transform lives by making economies stronger, societies safer, and governments more effective. We work on behalf of governments, foundations and companies that share our ambition to take on the big challenges facing the world. They come to us to develop strategies and to design, deliver and evaluate programmes that, in turn, stimulate growth, stability and good governance.
For nearly three decades in almost 100 countries, we have been working in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society in countries at all stages of development.
Our core team of staff and technical experts, in multiple offices around the world, ensures the quality of delivery and high ethical standards that we and our clients require. We bring together a global network of specialist experts, who contribute their experience and know-how, where and when it is needed.
ASI is owned and operated by its employees. We are committed to corporate integrity and a triple bottom line of social, environmental and financial performance.