Making Cents International is recruiting for a Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity. The project will increase inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in 17 districts of the Northern, Upper East, and Upper West regions of northern Ghana through competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets.
This position is contingent upon winning a contract award.
Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversee activities that foster inclusion and create incentives for women and other marginalized groups to enter agricultural markets and increase agricultural income; have access to greater profits from agricultural labor
- Oversee activities to improve agricultural and business skills among women and other vulnerable populations, such as people with disabilities
- Design training, mentoring, linkages to support services, grant packages, and other tools to increase agricultural income among women and other vulnerable populations
- Support Access to Finance Specialist to develop appropriate financial tools and opportunities for women, youth, and other vulnerable populations
- Support other teams to determine appropriate activities to support inclusion of marginalized groups in agricultural markets
- Serve as a gender champion within the project team
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with project staff based in Ghana and Making Cents’ technical staff based in the United States;
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis, and budgets as requested; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in gender, agriculture, business, or a related social sciences field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience supporting women’s livelihoods programs; strong working knowledge and experience related to engagement of women and vulnerable populations in the agribusiness sector preferred
- Experience developing and delivering gender and inclusion-oriented training, particularly in rural contexts
- Experience working on inclusion of women and or other marginalized groups
- Familiarity with current Feed the Future activities within Ghana preferred
- Experience in Northern Ghana preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Fluency in English
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.