Global Communities seeks an experienced Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist (GSI) for the anticipated USAID-funded Colombia Resilience Youth Activity. This 45-50M, five-year program will support youth in high risk environments to reach their full potential. The program will support youth-centered efforts targeting Colombian and Venezuelan youth, disengaged child soldiers, and former youth offenders.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist (GSI) will develop and implement the program’s gender and social inclusion approaches and advise the project team on specific strategies. The Specialist will also make sure that the program integrates youth leadership and experiential learning as well as gender and inclusion into project materials and training. Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide support and strategic technical oversight in the development of key project deliverables in addition to advising teams on how they can ensure ongoing implementation incorporates gender and social inclusion in line with Positive Youth Development approaches.
* Lead regional gender assessments to identify explicit and implicit gender or age-related biases in local service delivery related laws, policies, regulations, and institutional practices and track recommendations implemented from this analysis and their impacts on the project.
* Develop inclusive standards and promote strategies to ensure the project is inclusive of marginalized groups.
* Coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to develop and implement gender and SI responsive MEL systems across project activities.
* Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, International Development or related field required.
* Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience working on gender and social inclusion, GBV issues within community and civil society development programs, preferably with USAID or other U.S. Government programs.
* Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender and youth issues and gender and youth integration in local decision-making processes and techniques.
* Experience integrating social inclusion in community participatory engagement or advocacy preferred.
* Knowledge of the status of vulnerable and marginalized populations in Colombia, especially engagement in social, political, and cultural areas.
* Experience engaging local stakeholders, including CSOs, GOC, and other local and national government leaders in gender and social inclusion initiatives.
* Spanish fluency and working proficiency in English.
Colombian citizens are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.