Banyan Global is a consortium partner in the Local Health System Sustainability Project (LHSS) under the USAID Integrated Health Systems IDIQ, which helps low- and middle-income countries transition to sustainable, self-financed health systems as a means to support universal health coverage. The project works with partner countries and local stakeholders to reduce financial barriers to care and treatment, ensure equitable access to essential health services for all people, and improve the quality of health services. Led by Abt Associates, the five-year, $209 million project will build local capacity to sustain strong health system performance, supporting countries on their journey to self-reliance and prosperity.
Banyan Global is recruiting for short-term consultant to support gender integration and social inclusion efforts in an anticipated LHSS activity in Timor-Leste. The consultant will be based in Timor-Leste.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist will provide technical expertise on gender and social inclusion across all activities in the LHSS activity in Timor-Leste. This includes leading a desk-based gender and social inclusion review and gender and social inclusion strategy and action plan. Additionally, the Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist may provide technical support integrating attention to gender and social inclusion issues related to:
- Strengthen health sector governance
- Strengthen health sector workforce management
- Improve healthy behaviors
- Improve civic engagement and advocacy for health system strengthening
- An advanced degree and at least seven (7) years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development.
- Health sector experience
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Health governance
- Policy review
- Experience with the following
- Conducting gender analyses/assessments and action plans
- Supporting the design of outcome-focused gender M&E systems, structures, and indicators
- Developing and communicating the value proposition for gender and social inclusion
- Inclusive stakeholder engagement processes
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in: Word, PowerPoint, and online communication tools
- Familiarity with USAID
- Excellent team management and communication skills
The consultant will be based in Timor-Leste.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.