Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. Banyan Global is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is seeking a Nigerian Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist for an upcoming democracy and governance activity. Candidates must be Nigerian nationals with a minimum of 6 years of experience in gender and social inclusion, capacity building and training, with experience in democracy and governance.
- Lead the development of a gender analysis and project-level gender action plan;
- Build the capacity of subnational government stakeholders and project partners to integrate gender throughout project-related activities focusing on public financial management, including through gender-responsive budgeting in the health, education and WASH sectors;
- Design and deliver gender trainings to project staff and partners;
- Support the development of gender transformative indicators and activities;
- Develop and implement a strategy for building the capacity of and including female state and local government officials in program activities and trainings;
- Hold regular learning sessions with project team around gender integration challenges and successes;
- Develop tools and methodologies for measuring project outcomes in key areas related to gender equality and social inclusion.
- Must be a citizen or resident of Nigeria.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in gender and social inclusion, capacity building and training.
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, international development, or another relevant field.
- Strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation, including experience with effective gender indicators and data collection considerations.
- Experience developing gender analyses and/or gender action plans.
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender and social inclusion; experience designing and facilitating trainings on leadership, democracy and good governance preferred.
- Knowledge of gender-responsive planning and budgeting.
- Strong communications and effective report-writing skills.
- Experience working on USAID projects preferred.
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria.
- Full professional competency in English.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2018. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).