Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed, international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning. Banyan Global has managed 71 projects in 46 countries throughout the world.
Banyan Global is seeking a Senegalese Gender and Youth Specialist for a long-term consulting position. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in gender and youth integration, with specific experience integrating gender and youth considerations into agriculture, economic growth, access to finance and enterprise development programs.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that project activities address gender and youth considerations, and that project activities specifically address the needs of women, men, and female and male youth.
- Ensure that gender and youth are integrated and mainstreamed across the program, including project design, implementation and monitoring, operations, as well as in staff training materials, policies and procedures.
- Within the scope of the project, provide gender and youth inputs on issues related to agri-business and small and medium enterprise (SME) development.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender and youth dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss gender issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Conduct gender and youth analyses and research on gender norms and constraints in project locations.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on gender and youth integration to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Engage available and active women’s and youth networks and organizations in the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Design and facilitate gender and youth trainings for staff, stakeholders, and project clients to ensure that gender and youth considerations are assessed and accounted for.
- Develop appropriate gender and youth resources and tools for project staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender and youth issues related to project components.
- Full fluency in English and French.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, gender and youth or another related field.
- Five or more years of experience working in gender and youth integration.
- Experience partnering with government ministries.
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender and youth issues and gender and youth integration processes and techniques.
- Strong negotiations and communications skills, and effective report-writing skills.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including experience with effective gender and youth indicators and data collection considerations.
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender and youth considerations into non-gender related programming.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://careers-banyanglobal.icims.com/jobs/1344/gender-and-youth-specialist%2c-senegal/job, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is April 30, 2018. Please no phone calls.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.