IDB Invest – Gender, Diversity & Inclusion Officer – Advisory Services and Blended Finance Team
Background: The Investment Operations Department (INO) is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination and execution of transactions to their monitoring. INO follows a matrix model, with three Segment Divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal areas such as the Financial Products and Services Division the Advisory Services and Blended Finance Team, and the Portfolio Management Division.
Our team: In the Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (GE, D&I) team you will be focusing on supporting IDB Invest clients in creating a more inclusive environment for its employees and also a better go to market strategy.
What you will do:
You will support clients creating, implement and monitoring their diversity and inclusion policies with programs relating but not limited to:
- Work hand in hand with IDB Invest clients in LAC, particularly corporates in the tourism, agribusiness, manufacturing and telecom sectors, financial intermediaries and infrastructure companies, to develop new gender equality, diversity and inclusion advisory solutions that improve their business performance;
- Support IDB Invest clients in their internal and external gender equality, diversity and inclusion programs. Ensure the delivery of advisory services and training programs for clients;
- Draw upon internal and external D&I data and insights to implement targeted initiatives that support IDB Invest’s business strategy;
- Maximize IDB Invest external reputation by ensuring representation and public speaking at external events;
- Lead the participation in third-party surveys to drive external reputation (receiving awards);
- Identify global external influencers and stakeholders with which IDB Invest can partner in order to drive initiatives (meetings, conferences, etc.);
- Support the team fundraising efforts;
- Collaborate closely with Communication, HR (among others) in order to create a targeted approach in amplifying IDB Invest diversity and inclusion programs.
In addition, you will also:
- In collaboration with Segment Divisions, support the identification and design of gender interventions;
- Act as gender advisor for Segment Divisions by building and nurturing relationships with Investment Officers in Segment Divisions;
- Handle preparation of lessons learned related to gender and diversity within and outside the IDBG, including technical input for the design of project level communication products, including, press release, brochures, knowledge products and IDB Invest’s blog posts.
Skills you will need:
- Education: You hold an advanced degree (Master’s, MBA or equivalent) in in economics, international development, public and/or international affairs, finance, business administration, engineering or other relevant field.
- Experience: You have at least five (5) years of relevant experience in the field of diversity and inclusion in private sector companies, consultancies or development institutions.
- Languages: you are fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese or French is a plus.
Link to Core & Technical Competences (← please Ctrl + Click)
- Type of Contract: Fixed term.
- Length of Contract: 3 years
- Starting Date: ASAP
Location: IDB Invest Headquarters in Washington DC (USA).
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization based in Washington, D.C., that is committed to the development of Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector.
IDB Invest offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
IDB Invest is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
Interested? Please apply by September 25th.