The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) specialist will take a lead role in improving the quality and relevance of GESI activities related to activities in the upcoming West Africa Trade Hub activity. The Gender Specialist will provide guidance on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming throughout project implementation. S/he will be responsible for gender and social inclusion analysis and gender strategy.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- The project’s gender equality and social inclusion strategy is implemented in compliance with project work plan and client expectations;
- The project meets or exceeds required gender indicators established in the performance monitoring plan (PMP) and client reporting requirements; and
- The project successfully builds organizational capacity in project partners, government, and stakeholders to incorporate gender equality and social inclusion strategies and approaches that contribute to sustainability beyond the life of project.
- Implement GESI analysis;
- Design GESI strategy;
- Conduct staff and partner training;
- Engage with project partners on gender equality and social inclusion mainstreaming;
- Contribute to grant development focusing on women SMEs and women entrepreneurship;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities focusing on gender equity.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in social studies, business, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in donor-funded gender programming.
- Experience with women-focused entrepreneurship programming is highly desired;
- English fluency required; French fluency preferred.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.