Cairo, Egypt EGYDescriptionBackground:
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.Position Summary:
Creative Associates seeks a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist to take the lead improving the quality and relevance of GESI activities related to activities in an upcoming donor-funded workforce project in Egypt. The GESI Specialist will provide guidance on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming throughout project implementation. S/he will be responsible for gender and social inclusion analysis and gender strategy.Project Summary:
The anticipated Building Egypt’s Skilled Workforce (BESWF) activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
Reporting and Supervision:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The GESI Specialist will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director.Expected Outcomes:
- The project’s gender equality and social inclusion strategy is implemented in compliance with project work plan and client expectations;
- The project meets or exceeds required gender indicators established in the performance monitoring plan (PMP) and client reporting requirements; and
- The project successfully builds organizational capacity in project partners, government, and stakeholders to incorporate gender equality and social inclusion strategies and approaches that contribute to sustainability beyond the life of project.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Implement GESI analysis;
- Design GESI strategy;
- Conduct staff and partner training;
- Engage with project partners on gender equality and social inclusion mainstreaming;
- Contribute to grant development focusing on women’s involvement in TVET education and institutions;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities focusing on gender equity; and
- Support the design and implementation of GESI related indicators.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Master’s degree in social studies, business, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant experience);
- At least five (5) years of technical experience in donor-funded gender programming, USAID experience preferred;
- Experience with TVET institutions and workforce development programming is highly desired; and
- English and Arabic fluency required.