DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Promoting gender, equality and social inclusion is critical in achieving effective, sustainable, contextually relevant and impactful programming. The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Senior Manager / Director will work in DT Global’s Learning and Innovation (L&I) Practice Area to provide technical leadership across DT Global to ensure that GESI is integrated into all aspects of DT Global’s values, business development, programming and operations across all Practice Areas, Departments and geographies. The candidate will lead the integration of gender sensitive programming elements at both the proposal and program implementation stages in accordance with global best practice and donor and DT Global requirements. The GESI Senior Manager / Director will participate in strategy and business development, program implementation, and program monitoring and evaluation in relation to integration of gender and social inclusion.
- Provide technical leadership to Senior Management, Program Management Units (PMUs), and business development teams to ensure that there is innovative and contextually relevant integration of gender and social inclusion into corporate values, proposals, work-plans, and programming across DT Global geographies
- Design and deliver realistic and pragmatic strategies and programming interventions to ensure the promotion of gender equality, equity, women’s empowerment, and inclusion of under-represented groups that will lead to positive gender equity and social inclusion outcomes, including by strengthening existing tools, frameworks, method-ologies, and resources
- Work with project GESI focal points to facilitate processes for establishing and gathering GESI best practices in order to learn from and strengthen activities and ensure that GESI is incorporated into programming and planning
- When needed, assist the PMUs, field teams and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) specialists to develop, track and report against gender indicators and disaggregate data by gender to analyze results
- Assist program teams in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems, processes and indicators across Practice Areas and programs
- Design and conduct gender and social inclusion assessments, reviews and audits that can inform programming in a way that ensures women and other under-represented groups are included in a meaningful way
- Provide technical and writing support to business development and program management teams to incorporate GESI into all proposals and work-plans
- Design and provide trainings, as well as technical support and advice to home office and field programs with respect to gender and social inclusion activities
- Prepare communications materials that highlight DT Global’s gender and social inclusion programming, successes and lessons learned
- Relevant degree in gender studies, international development, social science, social or public policy, or a related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
Key Position Qualifications and Competencies:
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience, with at least eight in gender and social inclusion program / strategy design and implementation, including a mix of field and home office program management
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in gender and social inclusion theory, analytical work, and trends in current programming and donor policy
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender and social inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in addressing issues related to safeguarding
- Experience in proposal development and writing, including integrating gender and social inclusion methodology, best practices, and design into proposals
- Experience in technical writing and drafting of MEL plans
- Experience in developing training materials and providing in-person or remote trainings to staff with differing exposure with gender and social inclusion issues
- Familiarity with donor polices, such as USAID’s gender and social inclusion policies, Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy, Disability Policy Paper and the LGBT Vision for Action
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to work calmly under high stress and in a very fast paced environment
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of complex information so that it can be presented in a simple and easy to understand way
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and between home office and the field projects and inspire cooperation and buy-in
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally in English, fluency in a second language (French, Spanish or Arabic) a plus
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments at 20-40% time, sometimes on short notice
DT Global Core Competencies:
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.