Project Background and Objective:
The objective of the “Workplace Advancement for Gender Equality” (WAGE) project is to continue adapting and scaling up USAID’s efforts to increase gender equality and women’s economic empowerment opportunities within traditionally male-dominated sectors. This Task Order will expand and scale USAID’s programming focused on increasing gender equality and women’s empowerment in traditionally male dominated sectors, by 1) continuing to support the energy sector, and 2) adapting and applying the model to new sectors, particularly those that advance sustainable urban service delivery and economic growth of urban centers.
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech, ES Inc. is recruiting for a Gender Expert based in its home office in Arlington, VA. The Gender Expert is responsible for providing technical gender input into project activities. She/he will work in coordination with the Change Management Coach the provide direct support for the company partners, as needed.
· Provide a gender technical review of the program’s key technical and non-technical documents, such as Framework, course curricula, and communications.
· Responsible to provide gender input into all project activities.
· Design and deliver course modules, as appropriate.
· Provide gender and technical assistance to all team members as needed, including providing technical input on gender and women’s empowerment for the MEL plan.
· Provide guidance on the use of performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress toward women’s economic empowerment outcomes and impacts throughout the program.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
· Master’s degree or higher in economic growth, gender, development, energy, environment, international development, business, human resources, social sciences, or related field.
· At least 5 years serving as a gender advisor, or in a similar role.
· Direct experience providing gender technical support, capacity building, and delivering trainings for a range of partners.
· Experience developing gender-sensitive MEL plans and building a variety of partnerships.
· Strong communications, interpersonal, analytical, presentation and writing skills
· Fluency in English is required
Valued but not required KSA’s:
· Experience integrating gender into business models in the private sector preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.