USAID/Guinea will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis to inform USAID/Guinea’s 2021-2026 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The upcoming Guinea CDCS will focus on Health, Democracy and Governance (D&G), and Economic Growth.
The Gender Expert will work with a research team, and collaborate with USAID/Guinea staff and partners, local academia, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to gather data for the Gender Analysis. The consultancy will be approximately three months and the data collection will be based in Guinea.
- Work within a team of international gender experts to conduct a Gender Analysis in Guinea.
- Set up expert interviews and focus groups with implementing partners, academia, think tanks, government institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other relevant stakeholders to inform the analysis.
- Contribute to the preparation of an Inception Report, including a desk review of relevant literature in Guinea.
- Contribute to the design of the methodology and participate in key informant interiews and focus group discussions with the Team Leader and Senior Gender Expert.
- Contribute to the drafting of data collection instruments.
- Establish and participate in key informant interviews and assist in presentation of study findings to USAID and project staff.
- Contribute to the findings, conclusions, and recommendations for report and presentation.
- Assist in drafting the final report and make revisions based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback.
- Provide additional administrative and logistical support to Team Leader and Senior Gender Expert.
- Five years of experience working in development, research and/or evaluations preferably in Health, Democracy and Governance (D&G), and Economic Growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree is highly desirable) or equivalent in economics, public policy, development, or other related field.
- Must have experience in qualitative research and statistical data analysis.
- Must be familiar with public policies addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, addressing adolescent needs, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Guinea.
- Must have contacts with academia, think tanks, government institutions and NGOs in order to be able to set up the expert interviews and focus groups.
- Fluency in French required.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages - Susu, Malinke, and Pulaar.
- Fluency in English preferred.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.