EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Gender Integration Specialist II to support gender integration and gender-based violence prevention and response in the management and implementation of projects. The incumbent will have expertise in collecting and analyzing data (such as gender analyses and assessments, and implementation research), gender integration, and GBV prevention and response in programmatic sectors (such as economic growth, agriculture, health (including HIV), and others) with demonstrated work experience implementing USAID- and PEPFAR-funded, country-level projects, and supervising headquarters and field-based teams (staff and consultants).
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions include:
- Provide technical expertise and support in gender integration and GBV prevention and response, including conducting gender analyses and gender assessments, and implementation research in USAID and PEPFAR projects at the global and country-level.
- Conduct data analyses using mixed methods research approaches.
- Design and facilitate meetings, trainings, and workshops using appreciative, participatory, adult learning, utilization-focused methodologies and approaches.
- Develop and deepen innovative approaches to gender integration, gender equality, GBV prevention and response, and participate actively in relevant professional (formal and informal) communities.
- Prepare high quality reports and technical on topics related to gender and inclusive development, technical assistance, and evaluation.
- Provide technical guidance and quality control on deliverables as appropriate.
- Conduct field work internationally and domestically, as needed.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass.
- Other duties as assigned.
Project Management and Supervision
- Support project management and technical assistance.
- Provide ongoing support and technical assistance and leadership in gender integration and GBV prevention and response in one or more technical sectors to project teams, and in-country staff.
- Monitor the quality and completeness of data for documenting project performance.
- Assist in the development of data summary and project activity reports, including preparation of work plans, and monthly /quarterly / annual reports.
- Maintain strong, collaborative, and supportive communications with the field-based staff
- Support recruitment, hiring, and management of staff and consultants (at headquarters and in-country).
- Supervise headquarters and country-based staff and consultants as needed.
- Contribute to technical components of proposals related to gender equality, inclusive development, and health.
- Participate in new business generation discussions with potential partners and EnCompass staff members.
- Contribute to the expansion of EnCompass’ global consultant network by engaging professional fora, and identifying potential consultants for proposals and task orders and contracts.
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience in public health, social sciences, economic development, agriculture, international development, or a related field.
Experience and Skills
- Experience implementing country-level projects from headquarters, particularly for USAID and PEPFAR.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in gender integration, GBV prevention and response in USAID and PEPFAR programs.
- Experience in DREAMS, youth development, and male engagement approaches a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in data collection and analysis, including gender analyses and assessments, and implementation research.
- In-depth understanding of international development processes, actors, and client cultures.
- Experience in designing and facilitating different types of meetings and workshops using a variety of participatory, adult-learning methodologies and approaches.
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Fluency in French strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience in applying appreciative inquiry and participatory approaches highly desirable.
- Active engagement with gender equality and inclusive development networks.
- Proven experience forming, managing, and participating in successful teams.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and facilitating in a variety of fora.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Experience managing, and supervising in-country staff, and consultants.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments, and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Flexibility and ability to travel internationally or domestically for varying lengths of time.
- Skilled in word processing, database management, spreadsheets (Excel), and web-based programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.