The Gender Specialist will help design, manage, and implement gender approaches and activities related to youth workforce development interventions for the anticipated USAID-funded Pakistan Youth Development Project. The project will prepare youth for workforce participation (employment or entrepreneurship) by focusing education assistance on skills acquisition and civic engagement, and supporting youth as they emerge from training programs to identify employment opportunities or pursue entrepreneurial ventures to improve livelihoods, reduce the prospect of economic marginalization, serve as role models for other youth, and contribute to Pakistan’s economic growth.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party, the Gender Specialist will be responsible for providing overall strategic guidance and technical leadership in the planning, conceptualization, management, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of distinct gender and GBV initiatives and activities as well as ensuring integration and attention of gender needs into the program.
This position is pending award of a 5-year contract through the US Agency for International Development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement an overall Communication and Outreach plan for the project.
- Provide the adequate resources, capabilities, and procedures to ensure effective project communication with relevant stakeholders (such as beneficiaries and local government entities) as well as the general public.
- Promote project successes, impact, and achievement targeting a wide audience.
- Update USAID on activity progress, achievements, and events on a weekly basis as specified in individual task orders.
- Coordinate messaging and communications plans with stakeholders, beneficiaries, partners, and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to education or youth development.
- 7 years’ experience on donor-based programming, such as USAID, DFID, and UN agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working in institutions with a focus on serving gender needs for youth, particularly ages 15-29.
- In-depth knowledge of youth workforce development interventions in Pakistan.
- Experience integrating gender into project design and implementation to address disparities and create opportunities for women’s leadership and participation.
- Demonstrated experience in program/ project planning, management, monitoring and implementation.
- Knowledge of SRHR, rights based approaches, gender and GBV programming.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Professionally proficient and fluent in Urdu.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the position.
- Pakistan experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects.
- Professional fluency in English is strongly preferred.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- This position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Normal Office Conditions.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups