- Short Term Adviser (STA) Up to 40 days to June 2019
- In country inputs plus desk based work
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, sanitation, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. Gender is central to the PHD program with specific gender-related activities delivered through the Access and Equality Team, as well as mainstreamed through all PHD sectors and activities.
The Gender Specialist will work closely with the Access and Equality team to finalise the PHD Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Strategy and provide ongoing high level technical advice in gender and gender-based violence implementation. The role will lead on:
- Review the draft and develop the PHD Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Strategy, including a revised work plan and resourcing requirements to support program implementation.
- Review current PHD programming for Ending Violence Against Women and Girls, develop program activities across all sectors to mainstream a “do no harm” approach across PHD.
- Provide short term technical inputs to gender program implementation as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced degree in social science (particularly gender studies) or relevant discipline.
- 10 to 15 years’ relevant experience in Gender related programming; with deep understanding and practical experience of gender-based violence (particularly violence against women and girls) in developing countries such as Timor-Leste.
- Extensive experience in developing Gender Strategies, with ability to translate theory into practice and pragmatic approach to program implementation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with key stakeholders; together with exceptional writing skills in providing high quality reporting.
Further Information and How to Apply
Further information can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/
It is preferred that all applications should be submitted online via the Careers page listed above. Applications can also be lodged through PHD Human Resources email email@example.com Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and address the key selection criteria.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 June 2018 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.