Banyan Global, a woman-owned international development consulting firm, is recruiting for a full time Gender Specialist. This position is responsible for providing technical and operational support for a portfolio of gender projects, new business development, and providing technical assistance related to gender equality and women’s empowerment integration. This position is based in Washington, DC with travel abroad.
- Providing background technical support on gender analyses, assessments and surveys, and other gender-related research.
- Supporting the USAID ADVANTAGE IDIQ Gender Integration Technical Assistance Task Order, including the provision of technical inputs into deliverables and the recruitment, hire and provision of operational support to consultants.
- Supporting the management of gender projects.
- Recruiting and managing consultants that support the gender practice.
- Supporting the submission of deliverables for the gender practice.
- Supporting new business development for the gender practice.
- Travelling abroad for up to 3 weeks on technical assignments.
- Writing project reports and preparing internal documentation as required.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development or a related field.
- Experience working on gender technical assignments, including gender analyses and assessments.
- A solid understanding of key gender equality considerations and approaches in at least 2 sectors, such as economic growth, education, health, democracy and governance, agriculture, food security and nutrition, resilience, water sanitation and hygiene, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of USAID’s gender policy and programming or a willingness to learn more about it.
- Experience managing teams, projects and remote management.
- Experience in proposal writing, proposal management, teaming, and the overall bid process.
- Experience working with USAID, governments and donor agencies.
- Capacity to work effectively in different cultures.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working proficiency in Spanish or French is mandatory.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. No visa sponsorship for international candidates is provided.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).