Kosovar Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Gender Specialist to support an anticipated bid in Kosovo: Up to Youth opportunity. This is a full-time position.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for leading gender integration in program activities, and coordinating the use and development of best practices. Requires experience implementing gender-sensitive programming for international development projects.
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Prior experience providing technical guidance on gender equality and women’s empowerment; and managing gender sensitive programs with international donors;
- Prior experience conducting gender analysis and gender integration action plans;
- Experience supporting social inclusion and working with marginalized populations;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Previous experience working in Kosovo and/or the Balkans is highly desired;
- Experience working effectively with government officials, non-government partners, and USAID and/or other donors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Prior experience working in official languages in Kosovo (Albanian and Serbian); strongly preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org