Banyan Global is seeking a qualified full-time Gender Specialist to lead a three-person team to develop and implement a learning agenda using a collective learning approach for the U.S. Government Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative. The purpose of the learning agenda is to institutionalize women’s economic empowerment to achieve stronger development and bottom-line results in all sectors across the United States Government, businesses, nonprofits, other governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, and donors.
Banyan Global leads a wide range of flagship gender research and implementation activities for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), including under the USAID Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order. The GITA II Task Order makes available global, on-demand, rapid-response, short-term technical assistance (STTA) on gender integration to USAID Missions and Bureaus across multiple sectors and in crisis and non-crisis settings. Under GITA II, Banyan Global is supporting USAID in the development and implementation of a learning agenda for the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative. The learning agenda will focus on designing and convening a Community of Practice among USAID missions and operating units to support learning on the W-GDP.
- Support the process of developing and implementing a W-GDP learning agenda with USAID missions and operating units.
- Lead the research and documentation process for the W-GDP learning agenda.
- Support the convening of the W-GDP Community of Practice.
- Develop technical and forward-looking digital content on women’s economic empowerment learning.
- Supervise technical consultants related to W-GDP and its learning agenda.
- Develop learning content on gender, women’s economic empowerment, and W-GDP.
- Support Banyan Global communications and new business development activities, as needed.
- At least 8 years of experience in gender and women’s economic empowerment programming and strategy.
- Master’s degree in economics or other related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Knowledgeable about the use of varied digital platforms and mechanisms to support knowledge transmission and sharing.
- A high level of familiarity with USAID with the USAID program cycle.
- Willingness to travel abroad at 10% time (preferred).
- Excellent diplomatic and team management skills.
- Willingness to be based in Washington, DC.
- U.S. Nationals and residents of the U.S. only.
To learn more about Banyan Global’s Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order, please visit our website.
Applicants should submit their application with cover letter and resume on our website (http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers-php/). Please no phone calls. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, with staff working in a number of countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.