Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
USAID/Armenia will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis and Assessment to inform USAID/Armenia’s 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The current Armenia CDCS focuses on economic growth, health, and democracy and governance, with biodiversity as a cross-cutting theme.
The Gender Specialist should be based in Armenia and will work with a research team, and collaborate with USAID/Armenia staff and partners, local academia, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to gather data for the Gender Analysis and Assessment. The consultant will travel to Armenia for 4-5 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Analysis and Assessment (likely to take place in early-to-mid-August 2018).
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to prepare an Inception Report that includes a review of existing literature and resources (in line with sectors mentioned above) and a detailed methodology.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to prepare a work plan that details the process for data collection, analysis and interpretation, the roles/tasks/levels of effort of team members, and a table of contents of the Gender Analysis and Assessment report.
- Participate in the design of the methodology, drafting of data collection instruments, and primary data collection with the Team Leader and the National Gender Expert.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader and National Gender Expert to conduct in-country key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Serve as co-author of the draft and final Gender Analysis and Assessment report. Integrate USAID and Banyan Global feedback into the draft and final report.
- Develop and participate in the presentation of preliminary study findings to USAID and project staff in Armenia.
- At least seven years of experience in conducting gender analyses and assessments, including gender-based violence and biodiversity as cross-cutting themes.
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or another relevant social sciences field.
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Armenia.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners and national organizations.
- Experience in the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments.
- Superior speaking and writing skills in both Armenian and English are required.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.