Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is seeking applications from qualified Bangladeshi candidates to serve as a Bangladeshi Gender Specialist for an anticipated project that aligns with the USAID education strategy to improve the reading skills of students in primary grades. The purpose of this activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Government of Bangladesh and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PEDP4), as well as to schools and teachers. This position is reserved for Bangladeshi nationals.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that project activities address gender considerations, and that project activities specifically address the needs of women and men.
- Ensure that gender is integrated and mainstreamed across the program, including project design, implementation and monitoring, operations, as well as in staff training materials, policies and procedures.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss gender issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Conduct gender analyses and research on gender norms and constraints in project locations in Bangladesh.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on gender integration to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Design and facilitate gender trainings for staff, stakeholders, and project clients to ensure that the project assesses and accounts for gender and youth considerations.
- Develop appropriate gender resources and tools for project staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender issues related to project components.
- Bangladeshi nationality.
- Fluency in Bengali and English is mandatory.
- Master’s Degree in international development, gender, or another related field.
- Five or more years of experience working on gender integration initiatives.
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender issues and gender integration processes and techniques.
- Strong negotiations and communications skills, and effective report-writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including experience with the selection and monitoring of effective gender indicators.
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender considerations into non-gender (education) related programming.
- Experience working on USAID and/or other international donor-funded development programs.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.